Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Autumn is in the Air

Painting by Vicky Christensen, acrylic on canvas, 18 X 24 inches
My furnace/AC fan stopped working a few days ago, during some relatively warm weather. I finally had it repaired yesterday, and was happy to have the air conditioning running again. Today the temps took a dive, and fall is definitely in the air in Minnesota. Looks like I will be switching the thermostat from 'cool' to 'heat'.

Today's painting is hard to categorize. I had intended to paint a Minnesota waterfall and had it sketched on the canvas. At the last minute I decided I just wasn't in the mood to do the waterfall. I decided to paint this autumn scene instead. The painting evolved into a much looser, more abstract style than I had originally intended, and it has very little resemblance to the reference photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think