Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Wildflowers

Painting by Vicky Christensen, mixed media on 12 x 16 inch canvas panel 

Painting by Vicky Christensen, mixed media on 16 X 12 inch canvas panel 
 Today I finished a couple more mixed media paintings. The first one, my impression of purple coneflowers (echinacea purpura) started out with red fluid acrylic paint that I textured with plastic wrap, followed by several layers of stencils, stamps, glazes and one large collage element, tracing paper to which I had been applying leftover paint.

The second painting,  rudbeckia, started with a layer of patterned tissue paper followed by several layers of stencils and glazes.

The photos below show the final stage of each painting,  before painting the flowers. I considered stopping at this stage for both paintings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think