Wednesday, August 5, 2015

More drips, drops and textures

Painting by Vicky Christensen, mixed media on 20 x 16 inch Ampersand Hardbord 
 This is my first time painting on Ampersand Hardbord. I prepped the surface with Golden GAC 100, followed by a couple layers of gesso. The first layer of paint was drips and spatters of high flow acrylics. Then I collaged with scraps of painted tracing paper. For the next layer I covered the board with raised stencils of light gloss medium. I glazed over the stencils and wiped off the excess, letting the stenciled areas act as a resist. I liked the vibrant colors so I decided to not follow with translucent glazes to calm down the color.

Here is what it looked like after the drips and spatters (and spritzes of water):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think