Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Last of the Summer Flowers

Painting by Vicky Christensen, acrylic on 16 X 20 inch canvas 
 In honor of the end of summer and the beginning of fall, here is my latest painting.

I have another work in progress, a collage of gelli prints, but I haven't figured out how to finish that painting. So I decided to divert my attention by working on this painting. I wanted a lot of color. So I started with stencils, then amped up the color by dropping high flow acrylics and coaxed the color to spread and bloom by spraying liberally with water. I added a few more stencils and a bit of glass bead gel. The photo below shows the painting after the initial phase.
Underpainting after applying stencils and splashes of high flow acrylics 
 Below is the painting after I glazed around the main shapes.
Painting in the intermediate phase after glazing around shapes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think