Friday, November 13, 2015

What is it?

Painting by Vicky Christensen, acrylic on 16 X 20 inch canvas 
For this painting I started by dragging paint across the canvas with deli sheets. That was followed by stencils, stamps and splatters. As so often happens, I intended to make flowers but instead it evolved into what you see above. Is it cross sections of exotic fruit or painted stones? It's whatever your imagination says it is.

When I was outlining the shapes I grabbed a tube of cerulean blue and what I thought was magenta. The 'magenta' was darker than I expected and the tints it was making weren't what I expected but I was liking the results so I kept painting. It wasn't until I went back to do a bit of glazing that I discovered the 'magenta' was actually prism violet. I'm happy I grabbed the 'wrong' color by mistake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think