Sunday, July 20, 2014

Acrylics, Lesson 2

Today I finished the second painting from Varvara Harmon's 'Painting in Acrylic' published by Walter Foster.

Acrylic on Blick canvas sheet, 12 in. by 16 in.
I did better on the trees but I'm still having trouble controlling the liner brush. I am not getting a smooth, crisp line.

I also don't like how the canvas ripples. Next time I might try stapling the sheet to the board rather than taping it. I am using a Grafix Incredible Art Board, which is advertised as a great surface to use for stretching watercolor paper. You are supposed to be able to staple stretched paper to the surface over and over without the board buckling.

I also spent some money today on an "economy" pack of 12 by 16 stretched canvases. From the price I paid, I'm sure they aren't "artist" quality, but I am hoping they will be good enough for practice while I am learning about acrylics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think