Sunday, July 13, 2014

Getting Started

first drawing using NuPastel
To jump start my learning I took a community ed class taught by Barb Pinc Wichterman. Barb is an accomplished artist and also is a long-time art teacher. We started by doing a still life using Prismacolor NuPastels. The price of the course included a 24 color set of pastels.This is my first painting. Nothing to brag about, but you need to start somewhere. In case it isn't obvious, my "composition" included a zucchini, yellow squash and a red onion.

In a subsequent class we branched out (pun intended) to the following picture:
This painting was done on a black support (now that I/m an "artist" I like to throw around the lingo). I enjoyed doing this one.

There were 5 class sessions in total. Following are the remaining paintings I did for the class.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think