Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Land of 10,000 Lakes

Painting by Vicky Christensen, acrylic on canvas, 16 X 12 in.
I've been painting a lot of scenes from Hawaii, mostly because I have my vacation photos (and some from my nephew) to draw from for inspiration. I got to thinking about the beautiful places in my own state of Minnesota. Today's painting was inspired by a photo I took during a weekend on the North Shore of Lake Superior. The photo was taken probably 25 years ago, so I don't recall where the photo was taken. But I'm pretty sure it is of Lake Superior and not some nearby lake, simply because you can't see the opposite shore.

There are some beautiful places in Minnesota, but few compete with the beauty of the North Shore when the leaves are changing color.

I also found some photos of Gooseberry Falls, so look forward to a waterfall in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think