Monday, February 8, 2016

Work in progress, day 2

Mixed media on acrylic grounds for pastels 
I did a little more work on Charlotte's portrait. Tonight I drew Charlotte on the acrylic skin with Cretacolor Aquamonolith watercolor pencils. I alternated between drawing with pencils then brushing on acrylic glazing liquid. The acrlic ground for pastels has enough tooth that I was able to layer more pencil strokes after each layer of glaze. The glaze liquifies the watercolor pencils and acts as a fixative. I may follow up with some acrylic highlights and shadows, but so far I am pleased with the results.

Below is the canvas after I glazed it to mute the colors then used matte gel to add some gauzy fabric  to simulate sheer curtains. After it dries it will need more glazes before I add Charlotte to the scene. I'm going for the impression of a window overlooking a flower garden.
Work in progress 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think