Monday, March 28, 2016

Spring is just around the corner

Painting by Vicky Christensen, acrylic on 12 x 12 inch canvas
I got some Fineline Needle Applicators from Amazon today and had to try them out. They screw onto a 1 oz. bottle of Golden High Flow acrylic and can be used to draw fine lines using paint straight out of the high flow bottle. I decided to do my experimenting on one of my canvases that I had brushed on paint leftover from previous painting sessions. I got the idea about using the Fineline applicator from a book by Jo Toye, "Abstract Explorations in Acrylic Painting."

The paint will occasionally blob at the end of the needle applicator if you aren't careful, which accounts for the numerous black blobs in the painting. I prefer to think it gives the painting more character. I actually like the uneven line thickness vs. using a more precise applicator such as a refillable paint marker. But I did get more paint blobs than I would prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think