Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Autumn on My Mind

Painting by Vicky Christensen, Acrylic on 12 X 16 inch canvas
The leaves are falling here in Minnesota and frost is on the pumpkin, but the fall colors still abound. After spending a few hours painting rocks and twigs and watery reflections yesterday, today I wanted to do something very loose. I figured the best way to keep it loose is to go from my imagination rather than a photo reference. So here is the result. I started with a canvas that I already had painted with a greenish gray mix (leftover paint from a previous painting), used a 1/2 inch flat brush and the colors I had left from my last painting: ultramarine blue, titanium white, Hooker's green, cadmium yellow medium, cadmium red light, Payne's gray, burnt sienna and burnt umber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think