Sunday, October 5, 2014

Work in Progress: Rocky Pond

Acrylic painting, work in progress
 I haven't painted for a while, in part because I just wasn't in the mood, and in part because I needed an inspiration. I was rummaging through some old pastel paintings last night and came upon one that I really enjoyed painting and thought it might be fun to try it in acrylics. The photo above is the work in progress. I was mid-way through layering in the foliage and got to the point where I needed to work on the rocks before getting back to the foliage. I started blocking in the rocks and working on their reflections in the water before stopping for the day.

Below is the pastel painting. The original inspiration is a photo I found in the Wet Canvas reference image library (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=88393).
Same subject, different medium (pastel)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think