Friday, December 4, 2015

Blowing Paint

Painting by Vicky Christensen, acrylic on 20 x 16 inch canvas 
I pre-ordered a copy of Chris Cozen's new book Acrylic Color Explorations a while ago and was very excited to receive my copy a few days ago. If you don't know Chris Cozen, she is a mixed media artist and educator. I really love her very colorful and whimsical style. Her newest book is full of excellent information about color and includes some examples with step by step instructions. One of the examples involves blowing on puddles of high flow acrylics with a straw to get interesting blooms. I found out my lung capacity isn't what it used to be! My rendition can't compare to Chris Cozen's work but it was fun to give it a try. I will be adding straws to my painter's toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think