Saturday, December 12, 2015

Happy holidays

Recycled painting by Vicky Christensen, mixed media on 20 x 16 inch canvas 
I decided to recycle another painting. This one went through several iterations before it became what you see above. First I wanted to embellish an old painting by adding pastels so I gessoed it with clear gesso to give it some tooth. I painted some flowers with the pastels then tried to blend the pigments using paint and matte medium and the result was blah. I ended up covering most of it up with paint. Then I just started painting circles, doing several in one color, then the next color and so on. I decided to glaze the circles with a translucent mix of Titan Buff and glazing medium.

Then I didn't know how to finish it until I got the inspiration today to paint Poinsettias. And voila, today's painting!

Edit: here's a better photo, taken in indirect sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think