Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Experimenting with Golden OPEN Acrylics

Painting by Vicky Christensen, acrylic on 9 x 12 inch canvas panel 
Craftsy has a clearance on Golden OPEN Acrylics, 60% off the list price. I have been thinking about trying them, so I took the opportunity to buy several colors. They have been sitting around a few weeks, calling to me. I finally answered the call. The longer open time gives you time to blend  (and make mud if you aren't careful ;) ). It takes some time to get used to them, but I think I'm going to like them for some types of subjects. I like to glaze a lot, so we'll see if the paint dries fast enough to do layering. I probably will have to be a lot more patient  (not my strength) and will need to do more experimenting, but so far I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think